email us at:
Adventure Seekers: Continued learning for people with disabilities
• Coming up for September 2013
• New students - apply for acceptance: July 15, 2013
• Returning students - register for admission: August 1, 2013
• Contact Rachelle Munchinsky - (250) 562-2131 ext 5319.; email@example.com
This program is designed for young adults aged 18–30 who have a severe to moderate developmental disability, have completed their secondary education and have a strong interest in learning. It is expected that they will require a support worker (the provision of the support worker is the participant’s responsibility).
Through individual and group learning, the goal of Adventure Seekers is to:
Adventure Seekers is a part-time program (eight hours per week). Students meet as a group two days a week for four hours with an instructor. They will also participate in community and College activities. The program covers topics of relevance and interest to the participants and can include:
Courses and delivery will be modified to suit individual capabilities and interests. Functional literacy is integrated into the program through a focus on:
1. Submit a completed Adventure Seekers Application for Acceptance form, available at the Community and Continuing Education department. Deadline - July 15, 2013
2. Attend an intake interview to determine whether the program is suitable for you.
3. Once you’re accepted, complete the CNC application process. Deadline for the Fall Semester - August 1, 2013
Please note: Qualified applicants will be accepted to the program based on the following priority:
a. Applicants with a severe developmental disability
b. Applicants with a moderate developmental disability
who require a support worker
c. Applicants with a moderate developmental disability
who do not require a support worker
Applicants of the same priority will be accepted in the order that their applications were received.