Email us at:
ESL Fundamental 060
This fundamental class is designed for newcomers to Canada with little or no knowledge of the English language. The course will provide students with basic skills in oral and written English.
Upon successful completion of this course, the participants will be able to
- make themselves understood in all areas covered by the thematic units in this course.
- understand speech at normal speed at a basic level.
- read stories from the “Side by Side (Book 1) test; read articles from “The Westcoast Reader” and use basic reference materials, such as telephone directories, dictionaries, etc.
- write words, phrases, sentences, short paragraphs, short notes, dictation and simple telephone messages.
- use and manipulate the simple present tense, the present progressive tense, the simple past tense and the future tense with “going to.”