Administrative Assistant Certificate Program (ABT)
Vanderhoof: Sept 12, 2012 - May, 2013
Fort St. James: Feb 6, 2012 - Dec 7, 2012 (Summer off)
Program Length: 34 weeks Full Time
Train for employment in today’s business, government and industrial offices!
In the 8 1/2 month ABT program you will receive comprehensive computer training using the most up-to-date programs. Practical work experience is also an important component of the program, with community businesses and agencies hosting student placements. This program will provide you with the skills and confidence to compete in today’s highly-skilled workforce.
· Business Communications
· Manual & Computerized Secretarial Bookkeeping
· Electronic Calculations
· Human Relations & Professional Development Seminars
· Office Procedures & Simulations
· Keyboarding Skill Development
· Work Experience
· Word Processing
· Microcomputer Applications
· Desktop Publishing
1. Successful completion of one of the following:
· Grade 12 (with English 12, Communications 12 or Technical and Professional Communications 12) or
· ABE/CCP Advanced Certificate or
· GED Certificate or
· Mature student status (to explore this option, please schedule an appointment with a CNC advisor)
2. English & Math Achievement Test (EMAT)
3. Keyboarding assessment and typing speed of 20 net words per minute.
CTC Option: High school students may be eligible to take this program. See your school counsellor for details.
Tuition Fee $3471.00
Application Fee $15.00
Registration Fee $30.00
Lab Supply Fee $100.00
Technology Fee $52.00
Books and Equipment: Approx $1500.00
For more information call:
Vanderhoof Campus 250-567-3200
Fort St. James Campus 250-996-7019