Heavy Duty Mechanic/ Commercial Transport/ Mechanic Repair - Foundation Level
Full-time - 30 Weeks
Fort St James Campus
Start Date: Jan 27, 2014
Application $15 00
Registration $15 00
Technology $54 00
If big trucks have always been your passion, you may be interested in a career as a Heavy Duty Mechanic.
Learn to repair transport trailers, crawler tractors, loaders, skidders, feller bunchers, excavators, and more. On graduation, you’ll be ready for an apprenticeship, or for work in the heavy duty or commercial transport repair industries, service writing and parts distribution for service shops, dealerships, corporate shops, mills, and more.
- Basic braking systems
- Frames, suspension, steering, and running gear
- Servicing electrical and electronic systems
- Servicing air-operated equipment
- Servicing suspensions, steering, and wheels
• Grade 10 with English 10 with a “C” grade or higher. Principles of Math 10 or Applications of Math 10 with a “C” or higher. Common Grade 10 or Apprenticeship and Workplace Math 11 or Trades Math 041 or Math 030 with “C” or higher.
• Students who do not meet the above requirement, and think they may be admissible as a mature student should consult a CNC advisor
Still in high school? Ask your school counsellor about the CTCprogram - Dual Credits for completing your Dogwood.
Programs & Courses