Heavy Duty Mechanic/ Commercial Transport/ Mechanic Repair - Foundation Level
start delayed two weeks!
Program Length: Full Time, 30 Weeks
New Start: October 9, 2012—May 17, 2013
Tuition: $4,681.80 Texts & supplies approx. $1000
Location: Vanderhoof Campus
Dual Credit Option
Learn to repair transport trailers, crawler tractors, loaders, skidders, feller bunchers, excavators, and more. On graduation, you’ll be ready for an apprenticeship, or for work in
The heavy duty or commercial transport repair industries
Service writing and parts distribution for service shops, dealerships, corporate shops, mills, and more
Topics include the following (not a complete list):
Tools, shop resources and equipment
- Basic braking systems
- Frames, suspension, steering, and running gear
- Servicing electrical and electronic systems
- Servicing air-operated equipment
- Servicing suspensions, steering, and wheelsEmployment skills
1. Grade 10 with English 10 with a “C” grade or higher.
2. Common Grade 10 or Apprenticeship and Workplace Math 11 or Trades Math 041 or Math 030 with a “C” or higher.
Students who do not meet the above requirement, and think they may be admissible as a mature student should consult a CNC counsellor/advisor.