Professional Cook Level 1
Fort St James Campus
Subject to funding and sufficient enrollment.
Cook up your dream career!
Fast-paced and rewarding, a career as a professional cook lets you express your creativity. You’ll find jobs at hotels, exotic resorts, cruise ships and local restaurants. You might even own your own restaurant one day!
In this course, the student will work in a supervised environment and perform basic cooking and food preparation tasks utilizing knife skills, correct terminology, and a variety of cooking methods. The student will learn how to follow recipes, weigh and measure food accurately, and have an understanding of the major techniques and principles used in cooking, baking, and other aspects of food preparation. At this level, the student should develop a solid foundation of culinary skill.
1. Successful completion of at least one of the following:
• Grade 10 with Eng 10 or Communications 11 or Eng 030 and any of Essentials of Math 10 or Apprenticeship and Workplace Math 10 or successful completion of Applications of Math 10 or Principles of Math
10 or Math 041 or Math 030 or equivalent.
• ABE/CCP Intermediate Certificate with a minimum “C” grade in Eng 030
• GED with Eng 030 (minimum “C” grade) and Math 041 or Math 030
• Students who do not meet the above requirements may wish to consult with a CNC advisor to determine their eligibility on the basis of
mature student status
Need Level 2?
Contact the Fort St. James Campus for details on the next offering.