Road Builder & Heavy Construction - Foundation Level
Program Length: Full Time, 7 Weeks
Dates: Mar 4 - Apr 19, 2013
Location: Vanderhoof Campus
Includes Hands-on operation!
Loaders, Dozers, Excavators and Graders
This 7 week pre-employment program is designed for individuals wishing to enter the road building and heavy construction industry. The program will be delivered in a variety of formats combining in-school training, self-study and work site tours designed to meet the competency standards and profile defined by the industry. The program is ideal for those seeking entry to the trades or those with industry experience looking to start an apprenticeship.
Ask about funding opportunities.
· Orientation to Road Construction and Heavy Construction
· Worksite Health & Safety Practices and Environmental Requirements
· Hand and Power Tools, Ladders and Scaffolds, Rigging and Material Handling
· Basic Road Building and Heavy Construction
· Equipment Operation and Maintenance
· Surveying and Construction
· Drainage and Aggregates
· Basic Soil Mechanics/ Geology
· Asphalt and Concrete Pavement
· Principles of Excavation and Shoring
· Employment and Communication Skills
· Worksite Employee Roles
· Construction Worksite Team Skills
Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
1. Completion of Grade 10 with English 10 and a “C” grade or better in one of Math 10 or Foundations of Mathematics & Pre-Calculus or Apprenticeship and Workplace Math 11, or Math 030;
2. CCP/ABE Intermediate Certificate;
3. GED Certificate with Math 030 with a grade of “C” or better.
Students who do not meet the above requirement, and think they may be admissible as a mature student should consult a CNC advisor.