Nechako Programs and Courses
Fort St. James Campus
Fraser Lake Campus
email us at
Nechako FASD Dialogue Centre Project
The dialogue centre project has strengthened awareness of FASD prevention and intervention strategies in Vanderhoof, Fraser Lake, Fort St. James and adjacent First Nations communities.
Community coordinators promote primary FASD initiatives to:
- Engage community leaders,
- Facilitate ownership of the issue within the communities, and
- Increase awareness and understanding of FASD.
Coordinators facilitate a community-driven process to develop prevention and intervention strategies in each community in partnership with existing providers. The Centre is community-focused and community-driven, and serves to link and support geographically isolated communities.
- Providing community resource centres with current FASD information and research on fetal alcohol spectrum disorders;
- Completing an inventory of community resources;
- Developing a region wide focus on FASD;
- Initiating prevention training and intervention strategies;
- Sponsoring motivational speakers to talk about FASD prevention;
- Developing a comprehensive strategy for the implementation of FASD prevention initiatives that are sustainable within the focus communities.
The CNC Nechako FASD Dialogue project puts prevention as the number one priority in promoting a healthy productive lifestyle.
For more information, call:
- Fort St. James 250-996-7019
- Fraser Lake 250-699-6249
- Vanderhoof 250-567-3200