Reports and plans
Departmental fast facts
What does Communication Services do?
- Web development:
- Maintain CNC's visual identity standards on the Web
- Advise departments / campuses on user-friendly and effective web design
- Create, update, and maintain hundreds (maybe thousands) of web pages. (Did you know that the CNC site gets about 5,000 visits a day? That's nearly 2 million a year!)
- Train 30 - 40 staff members each year to maintain their own sites
- Respond to hundreds of queries and comments on web pages annually
- Work with departments / campuses to constantly improve navigation for site visitors
- Maintain multimedia on the CNC website (video clips, 360º virtual tours) as well as media off-site (e.g., YouTube)
- Advertising and media -- annual activities:
- Advertising packages and news coverage on CKPG, Shaw Cable, 101.3 The River, 99.3 The Drive, and regional radio stations
- Ads and coverage in the Prince George Citizen, the Prince George Free Press, trade and industry magazines, educational magazines, and more.
- Outdoor and indoor billboards (numerous locations; e.g., Roll-a-Dome, PGYSA)
- Rink boards at local hockey arenas (Prince George Cougars and Prince George Spruce Kings)
- Full display and rack at the Prince George Airport
- Coordinate media events such as book launches, art shows, visits from dignitaries, funding announcements, etc.
- Coordinates and/or assists with over 40 events annually, attended by thousands of people, Events include Welcome Assembly, Convocation, Donor Appreciation Dinner, Fundraising Gala, Service Recognition Awards, Student Awards & Financial Assistance Awards, Orientation, various community and trade fairs, Career Fair, wellness fair(s), and more.
- Graphic design / publications:
- Maintain CNC's visual identity standards
- Create and maintain dozens of brochures for regional programs and services
- Create and print dozens of banners, posters, signs, and other materials, such as event programs and Kodiaks menus
- Create annual college calendar (300 pages)
- Create annual college viewbook (c. 30 pages)
- Edit and design annual Continuing Education calendar
- Create donor / community newsletter
- Edit selected web text, including program pages
- Recruitment -- annual activities:
- 50+ school visits
- 14 education / career fairs
- Hundreds of e-mail, written, and telephone inquiries
- More than 20 campus tours
- Two phone-a-thons
- Annual fundraising dinner
- Watch for this area to expand dramatically soon!