Media Lab 3D printing services
We have a Tinkerine DittoPro 3D printer, a workstation with Tinkerine slicing software installed and a variety of filament colours. The filament is a bio-friendly polylactic acid made from corn and sugar cane.
Printing a Project
- Create a 3D model and save it as a .STL (Stereolithography) file format
- Check out any number of websites where creative individuals have posted their projects for anyone to use
- 3D Model Downloads
- Free Modelling Software
www.blender.org - the tutorial section is quite extensive
www.tinkercad.com - log in and learn how to use this program by accessing LEARN
www.meshmixer.com - tutorials link to youtube videos
www.sketchup.com - tutorials link to youtube videos
1. Bring your project to Media Services and we will discuss the project with you.
- a. Sizing
- b. Colour preference
- c. Time/cost of printing your project
We charge a flat rate of $5/hour (minimum charge $5)How printing costs are calculated:
- $5 (up to 1 hour of printing time)
- $10 ( up to 2 hours)
- $15 ( up to 3 hours) – etc.
- Special projects will be charged on a project basis
2. When your project has finished printing, you will then be charged for the project. We accept cash, debit or credit cards at the Library Circulation Desk. Should you decide to cancel your project before it has finished printing, you will still be charged for time used.