Interfaith Chaplaincy - Prince George
Want to talk about your spiritual life?
Need a quiet place to pray or meditate?
CNC's interfaith Chaplaincy offers you a chance to do both!
The CNC Interfaith Chaplaincy has volunteer representation from various ministries in our community. Our Chaplains enjoy working together in an organized manner to provide spiritual resources for students and employees at the CNC Prince George campus. Our Chaplains will offer a listening ear, spiritual guidance, prayer, support and friendship to CNC students and employees. If you are interested in finding out more about a specific faith group in Prince George, one of our Chaplains will assist you in connecting with a group or place of worship.
You can arrange to meet privately with a Chaplain or chat with them when you see them around campus. If you have a specific Chaplain you would like to speak with, simply use their name as the subject in your email.
The Interfaith Chaplaincy also offers our students and employees a private place to pray or meditate. Situated on the first floor, near the cafeteria, the Prayer Room is located at Room 1-122.
Prince George BC, V2N 1P8
Location: Room 1-122 (On the first floor, near the cafeteria. Go down the hall from the Math Centre.)
Phone: 250.562.2131 Ext. 5306
Toll Free: 1.800.371.8111 Ext. 5306
Chaplains are part of the support systerm for students and staff at CNC. Volunteer chaplains are available to help you connect with a faith group, to offer spiritual counsel or prayer, and to chat or help you with practical needs. The Chaplain's Corner is located near the cafeteria, and you will find a chaplain available weekly, Monday to Friday, from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Drop by to chat and share conversation.
Drop by the
from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Monday to Friday
|Eunice Hii||Victor Folorunso|
The purpose of the Interfaith Chaplaincy is to:
- maintain a spiritual presence on campus
- offer spiritual care to CNC students, employees and their families
- assist members of the CNC community to integrate the spiritual, personal, social, academic and professional dimensions of life
- foster a sense of community among CNC employees and students
- partner with Student Services to encourage students to mature into whole and healthy persons
- facilitate interfaith and intercultural dialogue
- act as a theological resource to the CNC community
- act as a resource to CNC regarding relationships with other faith groups seeking to be active on campus
- assist CNC in relationships with the community in respect to religious or spiritual matters
- conduct services of worship as appropriate and, as requested, lead the community in prayer at various gatherings as convocation, memorial services and student events
The CNC Interfaith Chaplaincy offers:
- support to students and employees of any faith or none
- pastoral care in times of need or crisis
- information on local faith groups and places of worship
- space for prayer and reflection
- help with issues of faith and lifestyle
- the chance to chat informally with a Chaplain about any matter that concerns or interests you
- spiritual guidance and opportunities for spiritual development through prayer, discussion, lectures and worship
- opportunities for understanding between people of different faiths (Adapted from the statement by the University of Southampton Chaplaincy)
- We also encourage discussion and action on ethical and spiritual issues and the building up of communities within the College.
(Adapted from the Leeds University Chaplaincy statement, 2005.)
We provide space to:
- drink tea, coffee or hot cider
- study scripture
- ask questions