Services for Aboriginal students
The ARC works with the entire College community to support them in becoming more aware of Aboriginal issues. ARC staff provide cross-cultural workshops, liaison with Aboriginal communities & organizations, and recommend various Aboriginal resource people. We also provide services and facilities to help Aboriginal students throughout their studies at CNC.
- Financial advice
- Liaison with band, faculty, and other
- Academic advising & career planning
- Advice on support services at CNC & in Prince George
- Computer lab with a printer
- Telephone for local calls
- Quiet study room
- Private tutoring room
- Coffee club
- Craft supplies and monthly crafting activities
- Monthly potlucks
In addition, ARC provides a drop-in study centre for Aboriginal students and supports the activities of the Dream Hunters Aboriginal Student Club at CNC. The Staff at ARC provides moral support, encouragement and “a friendly listening post” to Aboriginal students whenever possible.