If you believe you may be at risk of harming yourself or someone else, come in immediately and you will be seen by a Counsellor as soon as possible. If you are not at risk of self-harm, but are experiencing significant emotional distress, you should still come in and a Counsellor will make every effort to see you as soon as they can.
CNC support services
- Counselling and Advising department
Monday to Friday, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm, Thursdays until 5:00 pm.
- CNC Health and Wellness Centre
(250) 562-2131 ext.5377
Wednesday and Thursday, 9:00 am - 3:30 pm (closed from 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm), Friday, 9:00 am - 11:00 am
- CNC campus security
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
If it is after our regular work hours, please contact the following community resources:
- 24-hour Crisis Line Information - crisis support and referral information for services in Prince George, BC & region
(250) 563-1214 or 1 (888) 562-1214
- 24-hour Suicide Support Line - suicide intervention and emotional support
1 (800) SUICIDE or 1 (800) 784-2433
- 24-hour Youth Support Line - emotional support, referral information & suicide intervention for youth age 13-21
(250) 564-8336 or 1 (888) 564-8336
- Community Response Unit (CRU) - Northern Health - referrals for Northern Health Adult Mental Health and Addictions programs, short term supportive counselling and crisis intervention
(250) 565-2668 or 1 (866) 565-2966; 201-1705 3rd Avenue, Prince George, BC.
- Surpassing our Survival Society (SOS) - counselling for men, women and children to overcome sexual violence
- University Hospital of Northern BC (formerly PGRH)