Developmental Math and English
Based on the results of the Student Readiness Assessment(English and Math Achievement Test) and the requirements of the program you have applied to, you will be assigned a course of study that may include the following components:
- Fundamental arithmetic: Fundamental Arithmetic includes whole number operations, decimals, fractions and mixed numbers, ratio and proportion, percent, simple graphs, and an overview of the metric system.
- Basics of Algebra: Basics of Algebra is a review of signed numbers, real numbers, polynomials, equations with one variable, formulas, exponents, factoring, the Cartesian coordinate system, word problems, and manipulating and deriving formulas.
English 155 is a developmental English course. Based on the results of the Student Readiness Assessment(English and Math Achievement Test) and the requirements of the program you have applied to you will be assigned a course of study that may include the following components:
- Developmental and College Reading: A self-paced course for students who need to improve their reading. It is designed to help students acquire the basic reading skills needed for college-level material. Skills covered are designed to improve reading comprehension and critical analysis of written material.
- Basic Study Skills: This course is designed to help you develop a systematic method of studying. Skills covered include reading a textbook, listening to lectures, note taking, time management, review techniques, preparing for an exam and exam writing.
- Writing: This course is designed to help you improve your writing skills. Students learn about punctuation, grammar, structure, style, and how to incorporate these into writing of well organized paragraphs and essays.
- Spelling: This course helps you apply basic spelling rules into your writing and reviews commonly misspelled words.