Health and Wellness Centre
CNC students will find a comprehensive range of services at the Health & Wellness Centre, located on the main floor, via the Dental Wing. If you do not have a family doctor, or if you require non-urgent care, the nurse practitioner or doctor is available to see you.
A warm welcome to Kara Hunter, our new nurse practitioner. Kara has joined Sherry Preston and Dr. Heather Smith at the Health and Wellness Centre.
Check out the schedule and either walk in or book an appointment. Services provided include the following:
- Prescription refills
- Referral to other healthcare services
- Wart removal
- Well Woman exams (PAP, STI, HIV testing)
- IUD insertions
- Chronic disease management
Health science student immunizations
For all our CNC Health Sciences students needing up-to-date immunizations due to course requirements, Health & Wellness can help you complete your Pink Sheets. Cost is $30.00 per student—cash only. Please bring your Personal Health Number or Carecard when you arrive and plan to stay for 15 minutes after your immunization.
Booking an appointment at the Centre
Prior to seeing the nurse practitioner or physician for the first time, please complete a brief medical history. These forms are available at the Health & Wellness Centre during clinic hours. Appointments may also be made with the clinic physician, Dr. Heather Smith.
Nurse practitioner hours
- Monday, 9:00 am - 11:00 am for walk-in service; 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm for scheduled appointments
- Tuesday, 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm for scheduled appointments
- Wednesday, 9:00 am - 11:00 am and 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm for scheduled appointments
- Thursday, 9:00 am - 11:00 am for walk-in service; 1:15 pm - 3:30 pm for scheduled appointments
- Friday, 9:00 am - 11:00 am for scheduled appointments
Physician hours (Dr. Heather Smith)
- Thursdays, 1:15 pm - 3:30 pm for scheduled appointments
Counsellor hours (Lacy Chabot)
- Wednesdays, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm for scheduled appointments
- Thursdays, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm for scheduled appointments
There is no charge for registered CNC students who are covered by BC Medical. The Centre is a partnership between the College of New Caledonia, and the Northern Health Authority; your BC Medical Care Card number will be required for you to be able to receive services.