Printing Change Notice!
A PaperCut printing services is implemented in the Prince George Library and Prince George Open Access Labs. PaperCut printing will also be implemented in the Quesnel Library and Quesnel Open Access Labs in August 2016.
The College of New Caledonia has implemented a PaperCut printing solution in the Prince George and Quesnel library and open access computer labs, with the primary goals to:
- cut down on paper waste
- reduce our carbon footprint
Since May 31, 2010, the printing at CNC has produced over 61,302KG of C02, which is the energy equivalent of running a 60W bulb for 3,859,784 hours!
Sign in to the PaperCut Dashboard to view your individual impact.
Pay to Print
We've been using PaperCut since 2010 to monitor printing usage, but now we're going to implement a pay-to-print policy, which will encourage each of us to be more mindful about what we print. You can view and manage your personal printing account from the PaperCut Dashboard: PaperCut.cnc.bc.ca
- What is PaperCut?
- PaperCut is the name of a printing solution that allows you to track and manage your print jobs and account balance.
- Why are we implementing it?
The environmental impact of our current printing usage is averaging about 12,500 KG of CO2 every year. That's the energy equivalent of using a 60W light bulb for 775,425 hours! With the goal of reducing our carbon footprint, students will be required to pay to print from the labs and library.
- How do I use PaperCut?
Whenever you print from one of the open access labs, a popup dialog box will show you the cost of the print job. If you accept the charge, the cost will automatically be deducted from your available credit.
- How much does it cost to print?
- Black and White printing and copying costs 10¢ per page (20¢ double sided).
- Colour printing (where available) costs 40¢ per page (80¢ double sided).
- How do I check my balance?
Your balance will be displayed in the PaperCut agent running on each Lab or Library workstation.
You can also sign into the PaperCut Dashboard to see your current account balance.
- How do I add funds to my account?
There are three ways to add funds to your PaperCut printing account:
- Purchase vouchers from Admissions. Vouchers for Prince George can also be purchased from the Bookstore, Library, Financial Services, and Trades Deli
- Sign into papercut.cnc.bc.ca and add funds using your credit card
- Direct transfer from another PaperCut account
- What labs will be 'pay-to-print'?
Printers in the following labs will be pay-to-print:
Prince George Rooms:
- P2-717 (Library)
- P2-718 (Library)
- P2-312 (ABT Lab)
- P2-314 (Lab)
- P2-315 (Lab)
- P2-319 (Lab)
- P3-348 (MedRAD Lab)
- P2-1027 (Brink Lab)
- P2-1039 (Brink Lab)
- P2-803 (Tech Lab)
- P2-806 (Tech Lab)
- P1-728 (CSS)
- P1-121 (Continuing Ed.)
- P1-772 (FNESS)
- PRNPN1-36 (Resource Center)
- PRNPN1-14 (Room 116)
- P2-711 (Media Services)
- Quesnel Rooms:
- N209 (Lab)
- N210 (Multi-purpose Lab)
- S126 (Drop-in Lab)
- S137 (Library)
- How long does my account last?
PaperCut accounts without an associated CNC account will expire after 18 months.
- Can I get a refund for unused credits?
PaperCut credits are non-refundable, but they can be transferred to another account through the
PaperCut Dashboard. You are encouraged to transfer your credits to another user before your account expires.
- Can I get a refund for a print job that didn't come out right?
Refunds can only be granted, at the discretion of IT or Library and Resource Centre staff, for the following reasons:
- Fading or streaked printer toner.
- Paper jams and the printer does not automatically reprint the job.
- Printer has to be powered down to fix an error.
- Formatting issues where staff have assisted you.
You can request a refund via the “Recent Print Jobs” link on the PaperCut Dashboard: https://papercut.cnc.bc.ca
- How can a Guest print and photocopy?
Users without a CNC account can print from the open access workstations in the Prince George Library. They can also Register a PaperCut Account in order to use the photocopiers.
- How can I get help?
In Prince George either the Library or Resource Centre staff 2-724 or the IT helpdesk 2-307 can offer help.
In Quesnel Technical Support S136 can offer help, or call the Prince George IT Helpdesk 250-561-5812
If you have a question regarding PaperCut printing that is not answered above please contact the IT Services Helpdesk: email@example.com