How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in the College of New Caledonia. We are pleased to announce that our new online application process for international students opened on January 7, 2019. The link to the application portal is here.
We are currently accepting applications to the September 2019 intake.
Applications received online will be given priority processing.
Full instructions on how to complete an online application are available in this step-by-step document.
If you are unable to access our online process, please submit a paper application using the following application process:
- Application Information
The College of New Caledonia offers programs through three semesters in each calendar year. Semester
start3 intake dates:
- September (Fall Semester)
- January (Spring Semester)
- May (Summer Semester)
It is best to apply at least six months before the semester you plan to attend. However, applications are accepted until the start date of each semester, providing there are seats available in the program you apply for.
To qualify for admission, you must meet the following requirements:
English as a Second Language:
- Be 17 years of age
Certificate, Diploma, Associate Degree, or University Transfer:
- Be 18 years of age
- Completed high school, or the equivalent of BC Grade 12 with English 12 minimum "c" Grade. (Must provide transcripts)
- Meet all specific program requirements
- Have a minimum TOEFL score of 80 (IBT), an IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent as determined by College of New Caledonia or have completed CNC’s English for Academic Purposes
- Paper Application Process
- Submit your completed Application Form
- Submit any required documents (Transcripts, TOEFL/IELTS scores, front page of your passport)
- Submit $125 application fee
- If you meet general admission requirements, you will be sent a Letter of Offer (by email only).
- Once you have received your Letter of Offer, you will need to finalize your education funding.
- CNC requires a tuition deposit of $10,000 from all International applicants; once we receive your deposit and any outstanding documents, we will send you a conditional Letter of Acceptance.
- As soon as you receive your Letter of Acceptance, you should complete a Study Permit application at your nearest Canadian Consulate
- You are required to advise us when you receive your Study Permit.
- Must send your arrival date one week before arrival at CNC.
- Submit your Homestay Application Form (if applying). (Note: There a $200 application fee and a $700 refundable deposit)
CNC made Canada's Top 50 Research Colleges of 2015 list! We are an accredited public college offering Certificate, Diploma, Post Diploma and Associate Degree programs as well as University Transfer courses at a lower cost than larger institutions. Being a mid-sized college we are able to provide our students with excellent educational opportunities, personalized service, and comprehensive programs in a pure English environment. We also plan a wide range of indoor, outdoor and campus-based recreation opportunities to help you experience our community.