Locally driven and regionally governed, the United Way of Northern British Columbia is dedicated to improving the quality of life by advancing the common good... when we reach out a hand to one we influence the condition of all. We all benefit when a child succeeds, when families are financially stable, seniors are involved in community activities, and when people are healthy and safe.
It takes everyone working together to create a brighter future and United Way provides the means for all of us to come together, United, to take action for positive social change. From the United Way website
What We Do
- Invest in a strategic combination of proven programs;
- Fundraise and build resource partnerships so donations and contributions are available to support programs and initiatives;
- Work with community partners to find long-term solutions to community issues;
- Provide leadership and support to the non-profit sector; and
- Provide the means for you to make an effective and efficient investment of time, talent and treasure to your community.
How does it work?
- Submit your United Way pledge form to Financial Services.
- Financial Services keeps track of the number of staff that contributes from each departmental grouping.
- The winner is determined by calculating the % of staff from each department that submit a one time donation or pledge form for payroll deduction. If your department (grouping) has 50 staff and faculty, and 25 employees donate, then your figure is 50%.
- Departmental grouping with the highest percentage wins!