A. The person known as the Project Lead, in collaboration with the department Manager known as the Sponsor, reviews the Critical Discussions document that provides a host of analytical questions relevant to a potential project and helps the Project Lead/Sponsor through the planning process.
B. Project Lead and Sponsor complete the Project Request form.
C. The completed Project Request form is submitted to the PPC Project Coordinator/Business Support at email@example.com
D. An initial review of the Project Request is made and the following process occurs:
- PPC Coordinator will complete a Pre Project Prioritization matrix that will begin to assess the project’s scope and form part of the presentation package;
- PPC Coordinator works with the Lead/Sponsor in developing the intital presentation to PPC;
- The Project Request is included on the next available monthly meeting Agenda for an informal presentation and to answer any questions from the PPC.
E. PPC will review the information and one of the following will occur:
The project will move forward to complete a full Project Plan, or
The PPC may request the Project Coordinator develop a Business Case for the proposed project depending on the scope and impact to other college departments.
The Project Sponsor will be notified of the status of the request
F. Once the Project Plan or Business Case is developed, the PPC will review to determine if resources (human, financial, other) are available to proceed.
G. If approved, the project will move forward as outlined under the project plan. The Project Sponsor will be notified.
H. If the project is not initially approved, the following could occur:
- The project plan could be sent back to the Project Lead/Sponsor for further clarification/details; or
- The project will be placed in a queue for future examination; or
- A decision not to proceed is rendered. The rationale for this process will be communicated to the Project Lead and Sponsor.
The PPC welcomes your ideas and suggestions! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Current PPC Members:
Cathe Wishart, VP Community & Student Services and Interim VP Academic
Penny Fahlman, VP Finance, Administration & Bursar
Bryn Kulmatycki, VP Academic
Brad Bowness, Chief Information Officer
Dale Grundman, Registrar
Dave Dalcanale, Associate Registrar
Projects Coordinator/Business Support
Elyse Elmslie, Coordinator, Community & Student Services