This Human Resources Management Post-Diploma will provide students with the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of human resources management topics.
Students will gain the knowledge they require to become effective supervisors, managers, or Human Resources professionals in Canada. The program curriculum is designed to ensure graduates have the knowledge necessary to obtain the Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) designation.
For more information on the CHRP designation please see the following: www.hrma.ca.
This program consists of 12, 3 credit courses:
- HRPR 300 - Strategic Human Resources Planning
- HRPR 301 - Compensation & Benefits
- HRPR 302 - Occupational Health & Safety
- HRPR 303 - Training & Development
- HRPR 304 - Performance Management
- HRPR 305 - Employment Law, Employment Standards
& Human Rights
- HRPR 307 - Recruitment and Selection
- HRPR 308 - Professional Practice
- HRPR 309 - Advanced Topics in Professional Practice
- HRPR 400 - Human Resources Management Practicum
- MGT 264 - Industrial Relations
- MGT 266 - Management Skills for Supervisors
For course descriptions, dates and times, please refer to the Program Overview.
Students admitted into this program will have a minimum of a two-year diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution, or equivalent. International students from a non-English speaking country will be required to provide proof of a 6.0 IELTS or 80 iBT TOEFL result.
Application process and timeline
- Submit a completed college application form and pay the $40 non-refundable application fee. This can be done online, in person, by fax, or by mail.
- Official transcripts (demonstrating required program prerequisites) must be submitted - at the time of application is recommended.
- Upon acceptance, students can register for desired course(s) – availability on a first come, first serve basis.
Fees$535 per course plus related student fees. EXCEPT FOR the following two courses:
- MGT 264 - Industrial Relations: $261.63 plus related student fees
- MGT 266 - Management Skills for Supervisors: $1529 plus related student fees
Classes in this program will be highly interactive; for this reason it makes sense to ensure that the classes themselves are held in workshop-like 3 hour “blocks.” The exception to that is MGT 266, which will be delivered as a 6 hour class once a week (9:00am-12:00pm and 1:00pm – 4:00pm).