Life skills coach training prepares individuals to work in social services, career counselling, education, mental health, human resources, rehabilitation or as consultants and trainers. This 240 hour program includes 140 hours of classroom training and a 100 hour practicum. Based on the Saskatchewan New Start model, by the end of the training you will have the knowledge to effectively coach groups and individuals. As a graduate of this program, you will have the skills to:
- Identify your own learning style
- Apply problem-solving strategies
- Understand group development
- Adapt to different group and client needs
- Refine your presentation skills through practice and feedback
Taking the Life Skills Coach Training through CNC's Continuing Education Department has been one of the best experiences of my life. Not only did it give me the skills to help others grow and address unhealthy patterns, it also taught me how to be more assertive and outgoing, as well as how to set goals and improve my decision-making skills. It expanded my life and gave me my self-esteem back. The Life Skills Coach Training at CNC in the best thing I've ever done for myself.Jaylene
Recommended trainee characteristics
Applicants should have a Grade 12 or equivalent reading ability, and posses a professional level of personal maturity and stability.
- A completed questionnaire (included in program overview package - Must be returned to the CNC Continuing Education Department prior to course start or by email to email@example.com
- A copy of current resume (bring to first day of class)
- Personal autobiography (bring to first day of class)
- Three character references (bring to first day of class)
- The instructor will contact you after you have submitted the above requirements to conduct an informal personal/telephone interview to ensure your understanding of program requirements.
Oct 21/16 to Feb 19/17
The theory portion of this program is offered over eight weekend sessions. Please refer to the program overview for a detailed course schedule.
$2858* (not including textbooks)
This program qualifies for payment plans. Any student wishing to apply for a payment plan must make an appointment with a Continuing Education Program Coordinator prior to registration.
Please call 250-561-5846 to make an appointment.
This course requires the following textbooks:
- The New Dynamics of Life Skills Coaching (estimated cost $100)
- Core Lessons for Life Skills (estimated cost $15)