With the rapid growth of digital technologies, organizations need assistance to manage records and documents efficiently. This program teaches you industry standards and best practices to create, organize, secure, archive and track both electronic and paper records in order to facilitate retrieval and ensure legal compliance. Records management expertise can set you apart from the office pool and lead to enhanced career opportunities in a variety of fields.
Learn the skills you need to manage records in:
- law firms
- doctors’ offices
- government agencies
- accounting agencies
- health organizations
- educational institutions
- any organization with large document stores
The Records Management program is offered in partnership with the University of the Fraser Valley (UFV). Upon successful completion of all required courses in this program, you will receive a Certificate in Records Management from UFV.
The required courses are:
- Business Communications (Classroom-based delivery)
- Digital Age Literacy (Classroom-based delivery)
- MS Access (Classroom-based delivery)
- MS Word (Classroom-based delivery)
- MS Excel (Classroom-based delivery)
- Fundamentals of Information and Records Management (Online - paced delivery)
- Records Classification and Vocabulary (Online - paced delivery)
- Records Management Systems (Online - paced delivery)
- B.C. Secondary School graduation or equivalent, or minimum of 19 years of age before the first day of classes.
- Applicants must satisfy the English language proficiency requirement set out by UFV. For details, please see the UFV calendar information here.
Sep 22/16 - May 4/17
*These fees are approximate and do not include the cost of required textbooks.
This program qualifies for payment plans. Any accepted student wishing to apply for a payment plan must make an appointment to speak with the Business Program Coordinator - (250) 561.5846.
Students will be accepted on a first qualified, first accepted basis.
- Submit a completed college application and pay the $40 application fee.
- Official transcripts (demonstrating required program prerequisites) must be submitted - at the time of application is recommended.
- Upon acceptance, students can register for the program on a first come, first serve basis and a full schedule will be provided.
Accepted students must pay full course tuition by Monday, August 22, 2016. Refunds will not be given after this date.