Gain the skills needed for an exciting career in tourism and hotel management. Created and lead by industry experts you can fast-track your entry into one of the world’s most dynamic industries. This program will prepare you with the knowledge, analytical, interpersonal and practical skills needed to pursue supervisory and management roles in the rapidly expanding domestic and international markets.Careers in Tourism and Hotel Management
Management in resorts, hotels, restaurants, events, conferences, attractions and other special interest tourism operations.
This program is delivered over four full-time semesters of study and includes a 40-hour practicum placement in a tourism related business. Course offerings are constructed on recognized industry and professional standards, which encourage students to develop competencies relevant to current and future trends in the tourism industry.The program consists of eighteen courses.
- THMG 300 - The Business of Global Tourism
- THMG 302 - Business Writing for the Tourism Industry
- THMG 304 - Communications and Technology in Tourism
- THMG 308 - Marketing the Tourism Industry
- THMG 310 - Financial Management for Tourism and Hotel Management
- THMG 312 - Customer Service Management of Tourism Operations
- THMG 314 - Contemporary Issues in Tourism and Hotel Management
- THMG 316 - Strategic Tourism Management
- THMG 318 - The Business of Hotel Management
- THMG 320 - Event Coordination Essentials
- THMG 322 - Leadership Skills for Tourism
- THMG 340 - Tourism and Hotel Management Practicum
- COM 204 - Financial Accounting
- MGT 263 - Human Resource Development
- CUE 150 - Skills Development: Time Management
- CUE 152 - Skills Development: Interpersonal Skills
- CUE 154 - Skills Development: Goal Setting
- CUE 156 - Skills Development: Team Building
Each student’s placement is arranged specific to both the immediate requirements and operational demands of the employer, and relative to interests, skills, and applicable knowledge of each independent student.
Applicants require proof of successful completion of the following:
- Minimum successful completion of a 2-year diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution or equivalent.
- Students whose first language is not English must show proof of a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent.
Application process and timeline
- Submit a completed college application form and pay the $40 non-refundable application fee. This can be done online, in person, by fax, or by mail.
- Official transcripts (demonstrating required program prerequisites) must be submitted - at the time of application is recommended.
- Upon acceptance, students can register for desired course(s) - availability on a first come, first serve basis.
Students must complete all of the following 18 courses with a minimum 2.67 GPA (B-) and an “S” grade in THMG 340: Tourism and Hotel Management Practicum, to graduate with a Post Diploma in Tourism and Hotel Management.
Domestic students - $586.72 per course plus related student fees, EXCEPT FOR the following courses:
- COM 204 - Financial Accounting: $266.85
- MGT 263 - Human Resources Development: $266.85
- CUE 150 - Skills Development: Time Management: $197.57
- CUE 152 - Skills Development: Interpersonal Skills: $195.57
- CUE 154 - Skills Development: Goal Setting: $195.57
- CUE 156 - Skills Development: Team Building: $195.57