Apply to CNC
Applying to become a student at the Lakes District is easy! You can register with us through any of the following ways:
Apply online using the EducationPlannerBC application service. Credit card required to pay the $40.00 application fee.
For information on applying online, please visit the applying online questions page.
By Phone or Fax
Registrations are accepted from 9am - 4pm, Monday through Friday. Use a credit card to confirm. Phone 250-692-1700 or Fax 250-692-1750.
Visit our office at 545 Highway 16, Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm (open during lunch hour). Bring a cheque, or use cash, Interac, Visa, or Mastercard to confirm your registration.
Start by downloading the application for admission
Send cheque or money order payable to College of New Caledonia, Lakes District Campus, Box 5000, Burns Lake, BC V0J 1E0.
- Policies and Fine Print
- Once students have met program or course admission requirements, registration is accepted on a first paid basis.
- Program or course enrolments are confirmed by payment of fees.
- A minimum number of students may be required to ensure the course or program will proceed.
- The College reserves the right to cancel any course or program.
- GST and technology fees are included in all applicable course fees.
- Senior citizens may register in most credit or non-credit courses for no fee when minimum paid enrolment for each course is met and space is available. Expenses associated with the course such as books and materials are the responsibility of the registrant.
Instructors establish their own attendance policies. Students should check with instructors to ensure they understand these policies.
- Refund Information
- Full refund if course is cancelled by the College.
- Full refund if student cancels one or more days prior to the course registration deadline (original receipt required).
- No refund if student cancels on or after the course payment deadline.
- Full refund if the College cancels the course.
- 60% refund if a student withdraws prior to 7% course completion. There is no refund of technology, application, or registration fees.
- 40% refund if a student withdraws after 7% and prior to 14% course completion. There is no refund of technology, application, or registration fees.
- No refund after 14% course completion.
- The registration deadline date for all Continuing Education courses is one week prior to the course start date.
- Check payment deadlines for credit courses when registering.
- Non-attendance does not constitute a formal withdrawal.
- Refunds take approximately six weeks to process.
- No refund can be granted on textbooks.