Ashurst Children's Centre
Come and join the fun at CNC's Children's Centre!
Don't need full time Daycare?
Consider the Kindergarten Readiness Program
Bring your child to the centre Tuesdays and Thursdays 9am to 12pm where fully qualified staff will familiarize your child with:
- printing skills
- group time
- taking turns
- getting along with others
- ...and more!
All in a fun environment.
You do not have to be a CNC student to enrol your child in the Children’s Centre.
The CNC daycare, a licensed community daycare centre, has long been recognized across the north for exceptional delivery of quality childcare. Your child will be cared for by caring and experienced daycare teachers. The centre provides a welcoming safe environment that stimulates your child through enriched learning activities.
With an individualized focus on learning and fun, our programs are designed to enhance school readiness, social skills, and all areas of growth and development.
The Children's Centre has
- certified Infant and Toddler, Special Needs and Early Childhood educators
- spaces for 8 children ages newborn to 3 years - centres around individualized programs and care
- spaces for 25 children ages 3 - 6 years - focus on learning, fun, and kindergarten readiness.
To enhance the services available to children, the Centre partners with the following service providers and programs:
- Early Intervention Services, providing speech and language services, occupational therapy, and physiotherapy;
- Family Centred Program, providing free daycare for children of parents attending parenting classes and support groups;
- Supported Child Development program, providing aide time for children in need of extra support; and
- colleges, universities, and high schools to provide work and practicum experience for students.
|8:15 am||Centre opens.|
|8:15 - 10:00 am||Early morning free play. During free play children choose the activities they wish to participate in. Activities include blocks, art, climbing, puzzles, playdough, water/sand play, building blocks, housekeeping and much, much more.|
|10:00 - 10:15 am||Snack time (provided by CNC).|
|10:15 - 10:30 am||Group time - children sing songs, listen to stories and participate in activities with their friends.|
|10:30 - 11:00 am||Art time - creativity, pre-writing skills, cutting, and much more is encouraged.|
|11:00 am - 12:00 pm||Outdoor play (weather permitting). If children stay indoors, gross motor activities are presented.|
|12:00 - 12:30 pm||Lunch time (parents or caregivers supply).|
|12:30 - 1:00 pm||Quiet time - puzzles, stories and art time, clean-up from lunch, toileting and brushing teeth.|
|1:00 - 1:30 pm||Rest time - children rest and look at books.|
|1:30 - 2:30 pm||Afternoon quiet play - planned activities for children while some children will continue with rest time.|
|2:30 - 2:45 pm||Snack time (provided by CNC).|
|2:45 - 3:30 pm||Some children depart for home, others continue with afternoon free play.|
|3:30 - 4:15 pm||Afternoon free play - may include stories, games, art, etc. or outdoor play.|
|4:30 PM||Centre closes.|
All Children's Centre staff have extensive training in working with children who may need additional support. This includes working with children and families who have been affected by Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD).
Head Daycare Teacher: Wanda Giesbrecht (Early Childhood Education (ECE) with Post Basic Infant/Toddler and Special Needs Diploma)
Full-time and part-time daycare
Monday - Friday, 8:15am - 4:45pm (hours may change based on need)
The Centre is closed for Statutory holidays and Professional Development Days (2): one Friday in October, and one day in February or early March. The Centre may close during Christmas, summer and spring breaks depending on enrolment.
- Newborn to 36 months: $6.00 per hour
- 3 to 6 years: $5.25 per hour
- Family Spaces: $10.00 per hour for 2 siblings (3 family spaces available)
- Part-time spaces for Preschool Play & Learn: $5.25 per hour or $15.75 per session (8 spaces available). Tuesday and Thursday mornings only.
For more information, call 250-692-1720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org