Parking at the Prince George Campus
Pay parking is in effect at the College of New Caledonia's Prince George campus 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All vehicles parked within the College parking areas must display a valid parking permit, have e-permit or have registered their plates with the meters. The only exceptions are vehicles with valid handicapped passes in designated areas and veteran plates.
Parking at the Prince George Campus is operated entirely by Impark, and they can be reached in Room 1-304B (next to the CNC mailroom) during regular business hours, or at 250-563-8430. Fax 250-563-9870.
How to purchase monthly permits
You can complete the E-Permit online form, or go in person to the Parking Services office located in Room 1-304B (next to the CNC mailroom). Staff are on hand to help you between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm.
Student Monthly Pass Rates:
(Students permits are valid in all parking lots with the exception of the staff, dental and residence lots.)
- Valid 24 hours/7 days - $47.25 per month, taxes included
- Valid 24 hours/7 days - $47.25 per month, taxes included (must provide proof that staying in residence)
- Valid 24 hours/7 days - $47.25 per month, taxes included
- $0.50 for first 1.5 hours (Available from all meters)
- $1.00 for 3 hours maximum (Available from all meters)
- $1.50 per hour at the 13 visitor pay by stall spots (Available from the 2 meters in the main entrance)
- $3.00 all day until 12AM (midnight) (Available from all meters)
- $15.00 per week-7 Days (Valid 24 Hrs.) (Available from all meters)
You may also purchase a permit online at the rate of $15.00 per week taxes included, $47.25 for one month, $189.00 for a semester being either September to December or January to April, or a year for $567.00. Please click on the Parking application link and follow the instructions. With any of the e-permit options there is no need to display a pass or receipt.
If you have purchased an hourly receipt you will be given a 15 minute grace period on expired times before a violation notice is issued.
Disabled Parking Policy
Veteran Plates are free. Persons with mobility impairment and displaying a valid Disabled Persons' Parking (SPARC) permit or any Disabled Parking Permit distributed under the Motor Vehicle Act are not required to pay for parking. Handicapped parking stalls are situated adjacent to main and secondary entrances. Abuse of SPARC Permit regulations is covered under the Motor Vehicle Act.
Monitoring and enforcement
The lot is monitored on a regular basis to ensure compliance with the parking regulations and vehicles that do not display a valid pass or ticket may receive a violation notice. Violation notices require payment of a fine, although if paid within 48 hours of receipt, the amount of this fine is reduced (to $27.50, taxes included). After 48 hours, the payment amount increases to $37.00, taxes included. If a vehicle has two or more violation notices outstanding, it is subject to towing on the third notice. Notices can be paid in office, by mail or going online to www.impark.com. Vehicles will be removed by Conn Core Towing and can be recovered from their impound yard at 2907 Gunn Road, Prince George BC. Phone (250) 614-6654. Call first.
Security and Liability
Any motor vehicles parked, operated, or driven on a CNC campus shall be solely at the risk of the owner and the operator. CNC shall not be liable for any damage occurring to any such motor vehicle, vehicle contents, operator, or any other person. To help prevent theft, please leave no valuables in your vehicle.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the meter rates?
- Rates are $3.00 per day valid until 12am (midnight), or you may purchase hourly from the short term meter at $.25 per hour.
Can I buy a monthly pass?
- Yes, monthly passes are available either online, at any of the meters, by phone or in our office and you can purchase several months at a time.
What time frame are the monthly passes good for?
- Passes are valid 24 hours/7 days a week for $47.25 per month, taxes included.
What time frame are Residence monthly passes good for?
- The Residence passes (valid only for the Residence parking areas) are valid 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the period purchased.
Where can I buy a pass?
- Passes can be purchased online, at any of the meters, by phone or in our office (Room 1-304B, next to the CNC mailroom). You can purchase several months at a time.
Is reserved parking available?
- No. The number of parking passes sold will be controlled so that pass holders should always be able to find a space available, but passes do not guarantee access to a specific parking space.
Are all Prince George campuses affected?
- Yes. All areas at the main building (i.e. the staff lot, student lots, Dental/Child Care lot, John Brink Building and Residence) and the Nicholson lot require vehicles pay to park.
What if I don't purchase a ticket or monthly pass?
- Any vehicles that do not display a valid pass or have purchased time from the meters, will be issued a violation notice. These carry a fine of $27.50, taxes included, if paid within 48 hours. If paid after 48 hours but before the end of the 7th day, the amount of the fine is $37.00, taxes included. On the 8th day, outstanding violation notices are forwarded to a collection agency and additional collection amounts may be added at such time.
What if I want to dispute a violation notice?
- Imperial Parking provides a toll-free dispute resolution line at 1-800-315-7275.
What happens if I refuse to pay the violation notices?
- Any vehicle with two or more outstanding violation notices will be subject to removal by Conn Core Towing, at the vehicle owners' expense.
Is short term parking available?
- Yes, 13 short-term parking stalls are still available near the main entrance to the building. These require payment of $1.50 per hour. The visitor stalls are pay by stall and can only be purchased by the 2 meters located in the main entrance of the College at a rate of $1.50/hour with a maximum of $3.00.
How can I pay for my parking?
Monthly passes can be paid for with cash, cheque, debit card, or credit card. The parking meters accept Canadian coins ($1, $2 coins and quarters) or credit cards.
Pay by Phone
- Dial 1-866-234-PARK (7275)
- Provide this location number 9890
- Enter the length of time you would like to stay.
- Call 1-866-234-PARK (7275)
- Visit Impark Wireless (this option allows you to purchase parking without a pass in your vehicle)
What if I have other questions?
- An Impark representative is located in in Room 1-304B (next to the CNC mailroom) during regular business hours, or can be reached at 250-563-8430. Fax 250-563-9870.