Administrative Assistant Certificate (ABT)
There is great demand for trained administrative assistants. After graduating from this program, you’ll have the confidence to compete in today’s highly-skilled workforce in one of these rewarding careers:
- Office clerk
- Administrative assistant
- Office manager
- Executive assistant
- Small business owner
You’ll learn a wide variety of technical skills including the Windows operating system, Microsoft Office, manual and computerized bookkeeping, desktop publishing, and office clerical skills. Your professional image, communication, time management, and interpersonal skills will be developed through lectures and labs.
Combine your skills with work experience or more education, and your opportunities for advancement are limitless.
- Business Communications
- Business Mathematics
- Desktop Publishing
- Human Relations & Professional Development
- Keyboarding Skill
- Manual & Computerized Bookkeeping
- Office Procedures & Simulations
- Operating Systems
- Word Processing/Production
- Work Experience
The program consists of 11 courses.
The practicum component in required for the certificate. The per-requisite for the practicum in successful completion of or enrollment in, with a current minimum "C" standing, all courses in the Administrative Assistant Certificate program. The practicum is two days a week for a minimum of 14 days in the second half of Semester II
- Successful completion of one of the following
- Grade 12 (with English 12 or English 12 First Peoples or Communications 12 or Technical and Professional Communications 12), or
- ABE/CCP Advanced Certificate, or
- GED Certificate, or
- Mature student status. To explore this option, please schedule an appointment with a CNC counsellor/advisor.
- English & Math Achievement Test (EMAT) - $15.00.
- Keyboarding assessment and typing speed of 20 net words per minute. (Note: Not required for students who have completed CS020.) Please contact Mackenzie Campus for details and possible other exemptions.
Basic computer skills are recommended.
CTC Option: High school students may be eligible to take this program. See your school counselor for details.
Dual Credit Option: You can earn credits towards your Grade 12 with the successful completion of this program.
Fees and Dates
Dates: September 21, 2015
- Tuition: $3,639.57
- Application: $40.00
- Registration: $15.60 per semester
- Development Fee: $20
- Enhancement Fee: $40.00
- EMT and Keyboarding Testing fee: $15
- Technology: $28.10 (per semester) or $5.62 (per course)
- Textbooks (approx): $1,702.05 plus tax
Last Updated: August 24, 2015
If this page requires attention, please let us know.