Applied Business Technology - Office Assistant Certificate
- Full-time and part-time
- Start date dependent on application date
- Per-course pricing; contact campus for details
- Online through CNC Mackenzie Campus
Are you interested in learning or improving basic business skills?
Are you interested in building confidence to enter business programs?
Do you want to study on a schedule that works with your routine, your employment, and your lifestyle?
Then, the Office Assistant Certificate may be for you.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills for entry-level office positions
- Upgrade your existing technology skills
- Attain your goals of entering the workforce
- Meet your schedule as a full-time or part-time learner
- Earn a certificate at a local post-secondary institution
Office Assistant courses are learner-centred and employment-focused. The learning environment promotes excellence, encourages life-long learning, and fosters self-worth. Also, this is an excellent opportunity for on-site employee training. Call the Mackenzie Campus to register.
- Business Communications
- Manual & Computerized Bookkeeping
- Human Relations & Professional Development
- Business Mathematics
- Office Procedures
- Keyboarding Skill Development
- Word Processing
- Presentation Skills
- Successful completion of one of the following
- Grade 12 (with English 12 or English 12 First Peoples or Communications 12 or Technical and Professional Communications 12), or
- ABE/CCP Advanced Certificate, or
- GED Certificate, or
- Mature student status. To explore this option, please schedule an appointment with a CNC counsellor/advisor.
- Student Readiness Assessment (SRA) - $15.30.
- Keyboarding assessment and typing speed of 20 net words per minute. (Note: Not required for students who have completed CS020.) Please contact Mackenzie Campus for details and possible other exemptions.
For courses that are software related (i.e. Word Processing, Computerized Accounting, Spreadsheets) the required software will be specified. Students must have the correct version of the software (i.e. Word, Excel) for these courses. Please refer to the most recent course outlines for the specific software version. As a CNC student, you qualify for free Microsoft Office Software. Please call the Mackenzie Campus at 250-997-7200 or toll free at 1-877-997-4333 for further information.
For questions or to apply to the program please contact CNC Mackenzie Campus at 250-997-7200 or tollfree at 1-877-997-4333.
Fees and Dates
Dates: Start date varies
- Tuition: Dependent on the course
- Application: $40.00
- Registration: $16.54 (per semester)
- Enhancement Fee: $42.44
- Development Fee: $21.22
- SRA and Keyboarding Test: $15.30
- Technology: $28.90 (Per semester, full-time)
- Technology: $5.96 (Per course, part-time)
- Shipping per textbook: $15.75 first textbook, $5.25 for each subsequent
Last Updated: July 10, 2018
If this page requires attention, please let us know.