Successful completion of the following:
Students who do not meet the above requirement, and think they may be admissible as a mature student should consult a CNC counsellor/advisor.
If the program is over-subscribed, students will be selected based on the selection criteria listed below:
- The letter grade for English 10, English 030 or Communications 11 or equivalent will contribute its actual points to the selection process: e.g., “A” = 4.0, “B+” = 3.33, etc.
- The letter grade for Foundations of Math and Pre-Calculus 10, Apprenticeship and Workplace Math 11 or Math 030 or Trades Math 041 or equivalent, will contribute its actual points to the selection process: e.g., “A” = 4.0, “B+” = 3.33, etc.
- Credit in Physics 11 or equivalent with a grade of “C” or higher will be awarded 4 points.
- The mechanical reasoning portion of the Student Readiness Assessment (SRA) will be awarded a maximum of 5 points.
- A passing grade in the English portion of the SRA (or completion of remedial work) will be awarded 1 point.
- A passing grade in the Math portion of the SRA (or completion of remedial work) will be awarded 1 point.
- Credit in one or more trades-related courses at the Grade 12 level with a grade of “B” or higher, or successful completion of any foundation-level trades training program or documented experience of one year in a trade will be awarded 3 points.
- Credit in any of the following: English 11, Principles of Math 11, or equivalents, or Trades Math 042 with a “C” grade or higher will be awarded 3 points.
- Submission of a resumé and personal handwritten statement indicating the reasons for wishing to enter this program will be awarded a maximum of 3 points.
Maximum points = 28