All applicants must have completed the following courses or equivalent:
- Successful completion of Grade 12 or ABE/Academic Upgrading Advanced Certificate or mature student status.
- BIO 130 with a grade of “C+” or higher.
- English 12 or Engl 050, with a grade of “C+” or higher.
- One of Foundations of Math 11 or Precalculus 11, or Principles of Math 11, or Math 045 with a grade of “C+” or higher.
Note 1: Before the program starts, you’ll need to complete college forms certifying current immunizations, hepatitis B vaccination, TB screening, and a health self-assessment. The documentation must be on official college forms (supplied with acceptance). You must submit these forms by October 1.
Note 2: Upon entry into the program, students must provide documentation of CPR certification, level C (preferred), or Health Care Provider (HCP). CPR online courses are not acceptable. Students are responsible for the costs of CPR certification and for maintaining certification while in the program.
Note 3: You’ll have to undergo a criminal record search, the cost of which is your responsibility.
Note 4: Chemistry 11 or Chem 045 is recommended but not required.
Note 5: The costs of immunizations and criminal record checks are the responsibility of the student.
Note 6: Two seats will be reserved for qualified aboriginal applicants.
This program will select 50% of the class from the qualified applicants, while the balance of the class will be selected randomly from the remaining qualified applicants.
In case of ties, the date of application will be the deciding factor.
- Grade for BIO 130 – The letter grade for BIO 130 will contribute its actual points (i.e., A+ 4.33, B+ 3.33, etc.). 4.33
- Grade for English 12 or English 12: First Peoples. The letter grade for English 12 or English 12: First Peoples will contribute its actual points, as above. 4.00
- Grade for Mathematics 11 – The letter grade for Mathematics 11 will contribute to its actual points as above. 4.00
- Geographical location: Residents of BC or the Yukon will be awarded 1 point. 1.00
- Persistent interest in the program, as demonstrated by a qualified applicant who applies more than once, contributes 1 point. 1.00
- Total possible points 14.33