Successful completion of the following
Students who do not meet the above requirements and think they may be admissible as a mature student should consult a CNC Counsellor/Advisor.
When a program has more qualified applicants than available seats, the selection criteria will be used to determine: acceptance to the program, along with the waitlist order of the remaining qualified applicants.
- The letter grade for English 10, Communications 11 or English 030 or equivalent will contribute its actual points to the selection process, e.g., “A” = 4.00, “B+” = 3.33, etc.
- The letter grade for Foundations of Math and Pre-Calculus 10 or Apprenticeship and Workplace Math 11 or Principles of Math 10 or Applications of Math 10 or Math 030 or Trades Math 041 or an equivalent course will contribute its actual points to the selection process, e.g., “A” = 4.00, “B+” = 3.33, etc.
- Credit in Physics 11 or equivalent with a grade of “C” or better will be awarded 4 points.
Completing the Student Readiness Assessment (SRA) may give a
possible 7 points to the selection process
a) Mechanical Reasoning portion of the Student Readiness Assessment will be awarded a maximum of 5 points.
32–34 = 1 point
35–37 = 2 points
38–40 = 3 points
41–43 = 4 points
44–45 = 5 points
b) A passing grade in the English portion of the Student Readiness Assessment (or completion of remedial work) will be awarded 1 point.
c) A passing grade in the Math portion of the Student Readiness Assessment (or completion of remedial work) will be awarded 1 point.
- Credit in one or more trades related courses at the Grade 12 level with a grade of “B” or higher; or successful completion of any entry level trades training program; or documented experience of one year in a trade will be awarded 3 points.
- Credit in any of the following: English 11, Principles of Math 11 or equivalent, or Trades Math 042 with a “C” grade or higher will be awarded 3 points.
- Submission of a resumé and personal handwritten statement indicating the reasons to enter this program. The resumé and statement will be awarded a maximum of 3 points.
Maximum available points = 28