An economically self-sustaining and environmentally sustainable Research Forest that meets the needs of its stakeholders and First Nations. More
To design and deliver applied research and educational opportunities that contribute to the success of all resource stakeholders and First Nations.
Goal Statement Options
Currently Committed to in the Management Plan:
- Pursue, conduct and report on applied research in partnership with forest research agencies, government, industry and first nations
- Provide a land base for conducting research activities relating to intensive silviculture, first nations activities, and value added products
- Provide both a land base and research opportunities for NRET students
- Provide a forum for demonstrating resource management practices, opportunities for public learning and extension services
- Provide ongoing fiscal support for the CNC NRET Program
The College of New Caledonia (CNC) has prepared a new Management Plan (Plan) for the CNC Research Forest located in the Prince George area. The new Plan proposes revised objectives, results and strategies applicable to future forest harvesting, reforestation, and research operations from 2016 to 2021.
To provide input or for more information you may contact:
Carl Pollard, RPF, Research Forest Manager at 250-562-2131 ext. 5358 or by email email@example.com